Community of Practice Convening
October 21 – 23, 2019
The one constant for life and work in the 21st century is that there is no constant.
Our economy and how we live are ever-evolving. This means that future generations must be equipped to lead the demands of our changing world. Innovators must be empowered to solve our world’s most pressing challenges and to create economies that we can’t yet imagine.
Communities are at the heart of this work. With partnerships involving business and industry, school districts, non-profits, philanthropic organizations and other influencers, communities can shape strong futures for themselves.
Living STEM: Communities at the Heart is a three-day convening in Cleveland, Oct. 20, 2019, to Oct. 23, 2019, to explore and showcase how entire regions can find, pursue and advance their own STEM connections, career pathways and innovative partnerships. More than 400 leaders from business, education, non-profits, philanthropy from across the world will be coming to Cleveland to learn best practices in STEM.
LIVING STEM: CLEVELAND AT THE HEART
We will put the City of Cleveland and its strong STEM work, aligned to business and industry, under the microscope as an example of how specific industries and resulting and predicted workforce needs can be used to create specialized STEM pathways that either reinvigorate or create strong economies.
In addition to examining local assets in Ohio, we will also learn from the work of other ecosystems throughout the vast network of 84 ecosystems.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
As a member of the STEM Learning Ecosystems Community of Practice, travel, hotel and registration costs for two people will be covered by the STEM Learning Ecosystems Initiative. Additional STEM Learning Ecosystem members are encouraged to attend and will be responsible for their travel, hotel and registrations costs.
We suggest your team include:
The STEM Learning Ecosystem Lead should always plan to attend. Others that are strongly encouraged to attend include:
- Formal and informal educators including out-of-school time providers and STEM-rich institutions
- Local business leaders
- Local funders
- Local and state government leaders
- PK-12 leaders
- Post-secondary leaders
- VISTA Members
- VISTA Supervisors
PUTTING YOUR TEAM TOGETHER
As you work to determine your team, please keep in mind:
- Two members’ registration, travel and hotel will be supported by the STEM Learning Ecosystems Initiative. Please speak with your STEM Learning Ecosystem Lead about registering for one of these two spots.
- Restrictions on the number of team members has been lifted. We encouarge ecosystems to bring at least 4-5 members, but more are permitted (as space allows). Additional members, above the two supported members, will be responsible for the costs of registration, travel and hotel.
- At this Community of Practice Convening, we have invited communities to submit proposals for sessions. The speaker/presenter being proposed should be registered as a member of your team.
Ecosystem Members: $495
Registration fees must be paid by credit card. All major credit cards are accepted. Payment by invoice is no longer accepted. Please call 216-932-3448 with questions or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community of Practice Convening
- Plenary addresses with leading speakers
- Facilitated discussions/working sessions with Ecosystem Teams and TIES Field Managers
- Ecosystem to Ecosystem sessions among peers
- Pre and Post Convening meetings
- Networking/Social Event
- Convening App
- Wi-Fi in conference and breakout rooms
- Convening beverages, meals, and snacks