South Jersey STEM & Innovation Partnership
South Jersey, NJ
The South Jersey STEM & Innovation Partnership (SJSIP) is a community of collaborative partners to improve STEM education and career pathways across southern New Jersey. Our growing community includes collaborators representing industry, post-secondary education, K-12 schools, philanthropy, small businesses and STEM-rich organizations engaged under a common vision for STEM.
Vision: The South Jersey STEM & Innovation Partnership is a diverse community of individuals, institutions, and industry. We collaborate to ensure an inclusive STEM culture that champions access to innovation, opportunity, equity, and lifelong learning. We are making South Jersey the “Go-To” place for STEM Talent.
Mission: SJSIP’s goal is to grow and align assets and efforts to develop, implement, replicate and take to scale evidence-based, interdisciplinary innovations that will better prepare all learners within the region for the 21st Century’s rapidly evolving STEM economy.
Utilizing the framework of the Cisco Hackathon Playbook, SJSIP will host two hackathons, one at Camden County College and one at Salem Community College. Teams of high school students will select a problem of their choosing to solve and develop a solution through the creation of an app and/or IoT solution.
TEACHER PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
The SJSIP is committed to devoting resources for professional development designed to respond to the needs of secondary and post-secondary educational partners, business and industry, and the South Jersey community. Ongoing workshops and classes will reflect the dynamic educational and business environment of the 21st century.
- Camden County College – Margo Venable, Dean, Division of School, Community & Workforce Training Programs
- Camden Dream Center – Keith Davis, Executive Director, Camden Dream Center
- Salem County Community College – Ken Robell, Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs
- Cumberland County Community College College
- Camden City Public Schools – Jay Waugh, Lead Educator, Strategic Initiatives & Operations
- Mindbytes – Pavithra Lakshminarayan, Creator and Chief of Mindbytes
- WoW Science Camp – Fola Adebi, Executive Director
- The DOT Organization (Dream of Tomorrow)
- Camden County Technical Schools
Dean, Camden County College