Greater Milwaukee STEM Ecosystem
- Ensure equitable opportunities are sustained, shared and implemented for all students to access high quality STEM opportunities.
- Track, monitor and report on progress in ensuring all students have the opportunity to understand what a future in STEM could look like.
- Create a unified effort ecosystem wide that enables STEM partners to share best practices and align resources to ensure efforts in K-12 STEM pipeline development are effective and reflect the community as a whole.
About Our Community
The Greater Milwaukee region represents a community deep in experiences and supports to advance STEM opportunities. GM-STEM unifies STEM outreach efforts across industry, K-12, higher education, and community partners throughout the seven county Greater Milwaukee region. Some highlights from our community include:
- Opening of the We Energies STEM Center at MSOE as an ecosystem wide resource and community funded initiative
- Regular convenings of regional STEM champions such as: MKE K-12 Computing Alliance, MKE CSforALL SCRIPT Cohort, Annual sySTEMnow Conference, Learn Deep Collab Labs
- A plethora of programs representing cross sectional partnerships such as the Greater MKE Hour of Code, STEAM and Dream, Northwestern Mutual’s hi,Tech program, high level local FIRST supports from Rockwell Automation, Discovery World, Microsoft TEALS, and more!
- A dense network of higher education institutions unified through the Higher Education Regional Alliance (HERA) and the MKE Area College Internship Consortium (MACIC) with a plethora of higher-ed lead outreach programs such as MSOE’s K-12 STEM outreach, UW Milwaukee’s College4Kids and WiscAMP programs, Medical College of Wisconsin 500 STARS, and PUMP-CS at Marquette University to name a few.
A community focus on equity in education, especially STEM pathways, in partnership with non-profit organizations such as Greater Milwaukee Committee, Milwaukee Succeeds, All-In Milwaukee. Hispanic Professionals of Greater MKE, MMAC Hispanic Collaborative, Milwaukee Urban League, Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee, City Forward Collective, NCWIT-WI, and WIT-MKE.
The below contacts are currently leading the formal launch of GM-STEM. Additional members will be added as the ecosystem continues to evolve: