ENGINE of Central PA
Central Pennsylvania Counties: Centre, Clearfield, Clinton, Cumberland, Dauphin, Fulton, Huntingdon, Juniata, Lebanon, Mifflin, Perry and Schuylkill
ENGINE of Central PA is designed to bring meaningful STEM research and innovations to K-12 education.
Led by an executive team of Intermediate Units, business/industry, and science centers/museums, and collaborations with community partners and organizations, our network builds a community of lifelong learners that promotes equitable access to meaningful transdisciplinary experiences. We strive to empower youth living and working in our region to be innovative problem-solvers, ready to succeed in careers of tomorrow.
ENGINE of Central PA is comprised of the following counties in Pennsylvania impacting over 160,000 students and 11,000 educators: Centre, Clearfield, Clinton, Cumberland, Dauphin, Fulton, Huntingdon, Juniata, Lebanon, Mifflin, Perry, and Schuylkill.
To enhance innovation, entrepreneurship, and further 21st century skills – critical thinking, creativity, collaboration, and communication, ENGINE of Central PA is committed to:
Building a cross-sector network of organizations and people utilizing the 100Kin10 Grand Challenges in STEM: The Influencers Asset Map helps organizations address Grand Challenges in STEM with the 100Kin10 Framework and connects organizations for future cross-sector partnership work. Through the asset mapping process, project teams arose comprised of small groups of individuals who collaborate on focused areas of the ecosystem that address the 100kin10 Grand Challenges in STEM, such as: Future of Work, Life Science Consortium, and Family Engagement.
Providing equitable access to arts, makery, outdoor learning, science, student voice, and technology experiences for all students: Remake Learning Days of Central PA with Remake Learning Days Across America is a festival for youth, families, teachers, and community to remake learning – including opportunities for students to obtain artifacts for their career portfolio through the Career Ready PA Backpack Challenge. Remake Learning Days Across America takes place annually in April and May.
Supporting youth leadership and voice to enrich school STEM culture and career awareness: Chief Science Officers Program (CSO) prepares student leaders to facilitate STEM experiences in their schools and build regional partnerships to impact their student body. The International CSOs collaborate and are provided with the opportunity to meet annually with leaders of the National Science and Technology Council of the Executive Office of the President of the United States. During the 2023-24 school year, the CSO program will be available throughout the entire ENGINE of Central PA ecosystem.
- Dr. Lauren Beal, Regional Director of Lebanon County, Lancaster/Lebanon Intermediate Unit 13
- Dr. Michele Crowl, Executive Director of Discovery Space of Central Pennsylvania
- Dr. Dawn Hayes, Regional Director, Central Intermediate Unit 10
- Annie Milewski, Regional Director, Schuylkill Intermediate Unit 29
- Dr. Susan Voigt, Regional Director, Capital Area Intermediate Unit 15
- Peney Wright, Regional Director, Tuscarora Intermediate Unit 11
For more information about ENGINE and complete list of partners, please visit: https://www.enginecentralpa.
- Dr. Michele Crowl, Executive Director of Discovery Space of Central Pennsylvania, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Annie Milewski, Regional Director, Schuylkill Intermediate Unit 29, email@example.com
- Dr. Susan Voigt, Regional Director, Capital Area Intermediate Unit 15, firstname.lastname@example.org