Design Innovate Incubate Implement: A Center to Support Formal Education Institutions
TIES is seeking several forward-thinking school districts to join the DI3 Center!
Our country’s business and industries need an innovative workforce not for tomorrow, but for today. Many are investing in curricula, modules and instructional materials that lead to certifications and/or stackable credentials with the kind of labor market value we have talked about for two decades.
The future is now.
The DI3 Collaborative invites districts to not only partner but become part of the design process to enable knowledge, skills and values to move from employers to schools and their districts. This is a glorious time to empower our districts, their leaders and educators while supporting the growth of ecosystem connective tissue.
Large multi-national companies are currently seeking school districts and their teachers for exciting partnerships that are launching in Spring 2023.
School districts selected to become inaugural members of the DI3 Center will receive opportunities to:
- Work side by side with leaders from business and industry to better connect classroom learning with workforce needs of today and tomorrow;
- Prototype programs and initiatives from some of our nation’s leading organizations, including IBM, Siemens and others, with many offering stipends for participation.
- Learn of unique funding opportunities to support innovation in teaching and learning of STEM with the broadest of definitions and inclusive of AI, CS, Design Thinking and more.
- Develop partnerships with leading organizations to foster collaboration in your local community and through your STEM Ecosystem.
- Share knowledge of programs, initiatives and experiences.
- Understand the use and value of measurement tools which uncover what is working and why.
- Value and promote equity, access and opportunity for all students as a collaborator with equity-facing non-profits and programs.
- Agree to invite teachers as specified to join various prototype opportunities that match district-wide vision and plans for the future;
- Attend one quarterly virtual meeting to learn about new opportunities, trends and to network.
- Read and respond to emails and/or newsletters offering opportunities of interest.
- Consider joining various pilots or focus groups for programs, curricula or initiatives.
- Statement of interest from a district superintendent/CEO, or principal affirming your school district’s desire to join.
- Willingness to attend quarterly meetings.
- Preference will be given to school districts that serve significant numbers of Title I students.
- This opportunity is open to all school types – public, charter and independent.
(New districts will be added on a rolling basis. Submit your application soon to be eligible for some exciting new opportunities that will be announced in early Spring 2023.)