Lancaster County STEM Alliance
Lancaster County, PA
The Lancaster County STEM Alliance is a loosely coupled group of organizations, individuals and groups that share a common vision for STEM:
As a hub for STEM literacy and experiential learning, Lancaster County will attract and retain visionary job creators, inspire learners of all ages to achieve academic excellence, and engage all its citizenry in building a prosperous future.
Summer Externship Program for Teachers and Counselors – This program provides a 3-day externship program for teachers and school counselors at a company in Lancaster County, PA.
Engineering by Design TEEMS – In partnership with the Lancaster STEM Alliance, Bosch, ITEEA and Lancaster-Lebanon IU13, public elementary schools are offered professional development, materials and support at no cost as teachers implement the Engineering by Design supplemental curriculum in their classrooms.
Health Careers Academy – Students in three pilot school districts are invited to participate in hands-on learning and career exploration activities related to various careers in health care.
K-12 STEM Awards – Each year, the Lancaster County STEM Alliance and The Steinman Foundation sponsor K-12 STEM awards in Lancaster County.
Science Fair Innovation Award – The LNP/Lancaster STEM Alliance Innovation Award honors the high school junior or senior who enters the most innovative project in the Lancaster County Science Fair, sponsored by the North Museum of Nature and Science.
School Improvement through STEM – The Lancaster County STEM Alliance is working with La Academia Charter School on school improvement through the infusion of STEM learning.
- Steinmann Communications – Robert Krasne, President and Chief Executive Officer
- Lancaster County Community Foundation – Sam Bressi, President and Chief Executive Officer
- Millersville University – Dr. John Anderson, President
- Lancaster County Chamber of Commerce – Tom Baldrige, President and Chief Executive Officer
- Lancaster-Lebanon Intermediate Unit 13 – Dr. Brian Barnhart, Executive Director
- Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology – Dr. Bill Griscom, President
- CNH Industrial America – Richard Heisey, Sr. Director Product Development & Engineering
- North Museum of Nature and Science – Terry Kraft, Executive Director
- School District of Lancaster – Dr. Damaris Rau, Superintendent
- Economic Development Company of Lancaster County – Lisa Riggs, President
- The High Companies – Mike Shirk, Chief Executive Officer
- Advanced Cooling Technologies – Dr. Jon Zuo, President and Chief Technical Officer