Greater Austin STEM Ecosystem
Greater Austin, TX
To amplify individual organizations and their collective impact, the Greater Austin STEM Ecosystem is designed to be a connector and coordinator of Networks. It is learning-centered and fosters deeper collaboration across networks and systems. This leverages resources supporting STEM education while reducing duplication and ensures STEM programming is accessible to ALL students throughout Greater Austin.
The vision of the Greater Austin STEM Ecosystem is that:
•PK-16 learners have the opportunity to obtain the requisite STEM skills to enter competitive 21st century STEM jobs in Central Texas
•All educators are provided the tools and support to ensure that students of all ages are STEM competent and STEM literate
GREATER AUSTIN STEM NETWORKING FORUMS
The Greater Austin STEM Ecosystem co-hosts quarterly Greater Austin STEM Networking Forums to connect organizations and individuals across the community engaged in STEM education.
The Greater Austin STEM Ecosystem amplifies STEM programs and events across the community around themed days, events or initiatives. Amplifications have included events associated with the 2017 Solar Eclipse, #STEMUP Weekend, Computer Science Education Week, and Engineers Week.
We would like to highlight the individuals and organizations who make up our ecosystem steering committee:
- Christine Bailie, E3 Alliance, Director of High School, College & Career Success
- Tricia Berry, The University of Texas at Austin, Women in Engineering Program, Director; Texas Girls Collaborative Project, Collaborative Lead; Greater Austin STEM Ecosystem Steering Committee, Lead
- Patricia “Trish” Young Brown, Thinkery, Chief Executive Officer
- Robert Friedman, The Permanent Legacy Foundation, Executive Director
- Allison Ivey, Learn All the Time Network, Executive Director
- Karen Magid, Huston-Tillotson University, Director of STEM and Sustainability
- Tracy Mendez, Accenture, Growth Platforms
- Melanie Moore, Literacy Coalition of Central Texas, CEO
- Richard Tagle, Andy Roddick Foundation, CEO; Learn All the Time Network, Board Chair