Indiana STEM Ecosystem Initiative
The Indiana STEM Ecosystem Initiative is a state-wide effort focused on three areas:
1) advocacy for the development of a state STEM education plan that extends the STEM learning day to all students; 2) recruitment and utilization of a diverse community of STEM education supporters; and 3) development and support of STEM coalitions — at the school, regional, and state levels.
Indiana STEM Education Plan – supporting the Indiana Department of Education policy team responsible for managing the development of a comprehensive state-wide STEM education plan by the STEM Advisory Council as mandated by the state legislature.
Management of the Indiana STEM Education Taskforce, a diverse and ever-expanding group of 450+ supporters of STEM education, representing business, K-12 and higher education, museums, curriculum providers, state and local government, and community organizations.
Working with schools and regions in STEM ecosystem development, with an emphasis on building collaboration of in-school and out-of-school STEM learning programming.
- Indiana Afterschool Network
- I-STEM Resource Network
- Indiana Department of Education
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Royce-Royce Corporation
- Purdue University
- Warren Township Schools
- Bartholomew Consolidated School Corporation
- Children’s Museum of Indianapolis
- Conner Prairie Interactive History Park
- Central Indiana Corporate Partnership
- WFYI Indianapolis
- Magnify Learning
- Indiana Chamber of Commerce Foundation
Expanding STEM Career Learning Opportunities: Exploration, Internships and Externships, Paul Ainslie & Shelley Huffman
The Pivotal Role of Afterschool and Cross-Sector Partnerships in Preparing the Indiana STEM Workforce, Robert Abrams Paul Ainslie, & Reginald McGregor