Community of Practice Convening
March 2-4, 2020
San Antonio, TX
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
As a member of the STEM Learning Ecosystems Community of Practice, travel, hotel and registration costs for two people will be covered by the STEM Learning Ecosystems Initiative. Additional STEM Learning Ecosystem members are encouraged to attend and will be responsible for their travel, hotel and registrations costs.
We suggest your team include:
The STEM Learning Ecosystem Lead should always plan to attend. Others that are strongly encouraged to attend include:
- Formal and informal educators including out-of-school time providers and STEM-rich institutions
- Local business leaders
- Local funders
- Local and state government leaders
- PK-12 leaders
- Post-secondary leaders
- VISTA Members
- VISTA Supervisors
PUTTING YOUR TEAM TOGETHER
As you work to determine your team, please keep in mind:
- Two members’ registration, travel and hotel will be supported by the STEM Learning Ecosystems Initiative. Please speak with your STEM Learning Ecosystem Lead about registering for one of these two spots.
- Restrictions on the number of team members has been lifted. We encourage ecosystems to bring at least 4-5 members, but more are permitted. Additional members, above the two supported members, will be responsible for the costs of registration, travel and hotel.
- At this Community of Practice Convening, we have invited communities to submit proposals for sessions. The speaker/presenter being proposed should be registered as a member of your team.
Ecosystem Members: $495
Ecosystem Members – Costs covered by the STEM Learning Ecosystems Initiative
For two attendees from each Ecosystem, the STEM Learning Ecosystems Initiative will support:
- Registration ($495 per person)
- Airfare – 30 day prepaid coach fare at lowest possible rate
- Hotel room and taxes for two nights (incidentals will not be covered)
Ecosystem Members Self-Pay and Non-members
Attendees are responsible for their own registration, travel and hotel costs.
- Community of Practice Convening
- Plenary addresses with leading speakers
- Facilitated discussions/working sessions with Ecosystem Teams and TIES Field Managers
- Ecosystem to Ecosystem sessions among peers
- Pre and Post Convening meetings
- Networking/Social Event
- Convening App
- Wi-Fi in conference and breakout rooms
- Convening beverages, meals, and snacks
San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk
889 E Market St.
San Antonio, TZ 78205
For all sponsorship inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com.