Omaha STEM Ecosystem
The Omaha STEM Ecosystem is a citywide partnership to maximize science, technology, engineering and mathematics learning initiatives encompassing the Greater Omaha area, including 12 school districts. We believe that building a vibrant STEM skilled workforce, will help drive solutions for tomorrow’s challenges and requires collaboration and the brainpower of many diverse stakeholders.
Through the power of collaboration, we seek to:
-Build capacity through diverse, and engaged stakeholder collaboration.
-Implement a system that ensures all students have access to high quality STEM programs.
-Provide professional development and training for all STEM educators.
-Implement a shared framework that evaluates measurable outcomes.
-Develop a communication system with increased access to STEM resources.
The Omaha STEM Ecosystem’s goal is to serve as the agent of collaboration among the stakeholders in our community to ensure we are meeting the future needs in building a STEM skilled workforce. In doing so, we bring together all partners through hosting meetings, events, speaker and workshops as we build a STEM focused pathway from pre-school to career. These past events have included: Business roundtable discussions, Math Series for educator, early learning educator conferences, active learning workshops, graduate course on project based learning, networking events, and panel discussions on emerging technology.
- University of NE/Omaha -Dr. Neal Grandgenett -Haddix Community Chair of STEM Education Chair
- University of NE Medical Center – Dr. Phil Covington – Interim Asst. Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs
- DLR Architecture – Vanessa Schutte – Architect K-12 Leader, Principal
- Metro Community College, Dr. Nate Barry, Dean of Construction Education
- Omaha Public Schools – Dr. Chris Schaben, Science Supervisor K-12
- Union Pacific Railroad – Matt John, Talent Recruiting
- Gallup -Jim Collison – Technology Manager
- Collective for Youth -Megan Addison – Executive Director
- Chamber of Commerce – Sarah Moylan – Director of Talent and Workforce
- Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium -Elizabeth Mulkerrin – Vice President of Education