Community of Practice Convening
November 14-16, 2018
Orange County, CA
Who Should Attend
As a member of the STEM Learning Ecosystems Community of Practice, travel, hotel and registration costs for two people will be covered by the STEM Learning Ecosystems Initiative. Teams are encouraged to bring up to five additional STEM Learning Ecosystem members. Additional attendees will be responsible for their travel, hotel and registrations costs.
We suggest your team include:
The Ecosystem Lead who should always plan to attend. Others that are strongly encouraged to attend include:
- Local employer(s)
- PK-12 leaders
- Formal and informal educators including out-of-school time providers and STEM-rich institutions
- Local, regional, state and national funders
- Local and state government leaders
- Post-secondary leaders
- VISTA Members
- VISTA Supervisors
How much does it cost to register?
Registration is $495 (members) and $695 (non-members) for attendees. All convening attendees are expected to pay the registration fee except for members being supported by the Initiative. All major credit cards are accepted for payment during the registration process.
What’s included in your registration:
- Community of Practice Convening
- Plenary addresses with leading speakers
- Faciliated discussions/working sessions with Ecosystem Teams and Technical Assistance Leads
- Ecosystem to Ecosystem sessions among peers
- Welcome Reception Sunset Cruise (includes transportation, non-alcoholic beverages and light snacks)
- Esports Night at the Santa Ana Esports Arena (includes transportation and event)
- Convening App
- Wi-Fi in conference and breakout rooms
- Convening beverages, meals, and snacks
What costs are covered by the STEM Learning Ecoststems Initiative?
For two attendees from each Ecosystem, the STEM Learning Ecosystems Initiative will support:
- Registration ($495 per person). This will provide access to the convening and events.
- Airfare – 30 day prepaid coach fare at lowest possible rate
- Hotel room and tax for two nights (incidentals will not be covered)
In addition, the STEM Learning Ecosystems Initiative will support the registration, travel, and hotel for STEM Ecosystem VISTA Members.
Each participating STEM Learning Ecosystem is encouraged to bring at up to five members to the Convening. Additional members are responsible for their travel, hotel and registration costs.
What if my STEM Learning Ecosystem wants to bring more than 5 members?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the names of the additional members. We will be able to release registrations once the registration window has closed. In the past, we have been able to accommodate the additional members. Any additional members will be responsible for their own registration, hotel and travel.
How will hotel accommodations be arranged?
You will be responsible for reserving your hotel room. We will provide a reservation link as part of the registration process. We have negotiated a rate of $209 per night plus taxes during our convening.
How will travel be arranged?
For the two STEM Learning Ecosystems Community of Practice Members being supported by the Initiative, your airfare reservations will be arranged by our travel agent. She will contact you to arrange travel logistics once your online registration form is completed and submitted.
Every effort will be made to secure flights that are not too burdensome or restrictive.
NOTE: For the airfare supported by the STEM Learning Ecosystems Initiative, we will pay the 30 day prepay fare only. If you wish to change to a different flight or change dates, the additional costs will be your responsibility.
All other attendees are responsible for arranging their own travel.